Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Here it is July and so much has transpired since my last posting. This winter dumped a great deal of snow in the western mountains, making skiing the best it has been in years. My deer hunting was put on hold due to a deteriorating hip that I recently had replaced. So here I am in the middle of summer recuperating from a total hip replacement so I can be back in the woods in the fall.

There is a new outdoor shop in Bethel called Bethel Bait, Tackle and More. It is a wonderful shop that also features fresh seafood, one stop shopping.

I was contacted by Hunt of a lifetime organization, (huntofalifetime.org) on Monday evening. I have been a member of the organization for over ten years. They have a young girl that recently underwent a double lung transplant that wants to go on a hunt with her dad. The state of Maine gives our organization two moose tags a year to accommodate these young adults. I have teamed up with my friend Joe Kruse of Parlin Lake Lodge and Cabins to provide a complete moose hunt for her and her dad. What a wonderful opportunity for everyone involved. So now the planning begins. North Maine Woods will donate free access to our hunting party. Our butcher will donate his services and our organization has a taxidermist to provide the final trophy for the family. We are hoping the hunt will be filmed for future broadcast on TV.

The water levels remain high as does the water temperature. Fishing has been off but should be picking up next month.

Stay tuned for future updates on our moose hunt in the North Maine Woods.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment