Saturday, April 14, 2012

What a difference a day makes. I had the good fortune to talk to two of my guide friends who were on the river yesterday. The water levels have dropped to levels usually not seen until June. The warm weather is creating a hatch and the fish are responding. Today the weather will be in the sixty's and Monday we are expecting, gulp....80's....this is unheard of for this time of year. The water temperatures are almost perfect for trout and Salmon. I will be checking the ice out conditions in Rangeley today and will report back to you tomorrow.

Tonight we will attend the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation's fund raiser in Lewiston. This promises to be a fun night full of auctions and raffles. I will keep my fingers crossed hoping to win the elk hunt in Idaho.

More tomorrow.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment